Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age and we reserve the right to refuse any booking. Bookings are not transferable to third parties.
2. Terms and prices stated are per week unless otherwise indicated and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
3. A deposit of 25% is required to reserve Big Sky Barn (BSB). The balance of the holiday together with any security deposit must be paid not later than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. If the full balance is not paid on time then we reserve the right to cancel the holiday booking and retain the deposit as compensation.
4. The security deposit of £150 may be used to cover the cost of minor breakages or extra cleaning if required. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the accommodation, furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects are left in the same state of cleanliness and order as was found at the start of the holiday. We reserve the right to make a proportionate charge in the event of the hirer failing to comply. The hirer is responsible for serious loss or damage which occurs to the property or its contents as a result of their negligence during their occupancy and responsible for paying appropriate compensation. Serious damage to the property must be reported to the owners immediately.
5. Unless otherwise stated in writing, the holiday price will include all charges for water, gas, electricity and oil.
6. A telephone is provided for local and national calls. We reserve the right to charge for excessive use of this facility.
7. A wireless broadband internet service is available for basic laptop computer usage. It is intended that this service is primarily for email, downloading small files and “surfing”. Excessive downloading of very large files will be chargeable. Illegal activity will reported to the authorities.
8. A maximum of two dogs are welcome with prior permission. Please do not allow animals into carpeted areas or onto any furniture or beds. We reserve the right to make an extra cleaning charge if necessary as a result of accommodating a pet. You are responsible for removing any evidence left by your pet. Under no circumstances must a dog be left alone inside or outside the property at any time.
9. The number of persons using the property shall not exceed 8 Adults and 2 small children. There are never to be more than 10 people sleeping in the property.
10. If the hirer wishes to hold any function or celebrations exceeding this limit it must seek written permission.
11. The accommodation shall be for family use only, not for youth groups or other groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents, motor vehicles or caravans adjacent to the property is prohibited.
12. We reserve the right to access the property and surrounds at any reasonable time during your occupancy.
13. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the property at any time under any circumstances.
14. The hirer must not use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours.
15. The hirer and his or her party must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the accommodation of which the hirer has written notice. Such regulations may be found in our welcome letter or folder and would include any local conditions regarding parking, waste disposal, recycling and so on.
16. Except as indicated below, we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage, or for injury sustained by the hirer or members of his or her party during their stay at Big Sky Barn. We exclude liability for loss or damage to any belongings, or for death or injury sustained to the hirer or members of his or her party during their stay at Big Sky Barn except to the extent that such injury or loss or damage to any belongings is caused by the negli- gence or default or breach of the owners of any duty.
17. The hirer shall be liable for and indemnify the owner against any liabilities, damages, claims, costs, losses (whether direst or indirect and including loss of profits) and expenses incurred or paid by the owners arising from the hirer’s use or occupation of the accommodation which arise from any breach by the hirer of his or her obligations under the agreement or from any negligence or wilful default of the hirer and/or the hirer’s party.
18. Arrival and departure times must be adhered to. They form part of the booking conditions and any stay that extends over this period will be subject to a charge being made for additional days. Arrival time is stated in the hirer’s arrival instructions on the first day of the holiday and departure time is by 10.30am on the last day of the holiday.
19. The hirer will be issued with a set of keys to the accommodation on the first day of the holiday period and the hirer must return them as per allocated instructions on the last day of the holiday period or date of departure, if earlier. The hirer must also leave internal keys for doors and windows where found (in door or window). Failure to do so will incur the cost of changing locks and production of a new set of keys.
20. The use of accommodation and amenities, where offered, such as playhouse is entirely at the hirer’s risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to user’s or hirer’s personal belongings.
21. Please check all details when booking confirmation is received and notify us of any discrepancies immediately.
22. The letting is made on the basis that the property is fit for purpose. In the unlikely event that the property is damaged or rendered uninhabitable then we reserve the right to cancel the booking with a full refund.
23. Cancellation. If the hirer has cause to cancel, change dates or cut short a holiday then please notify us first by telephone and then in writing. All deposits paid for Big Sky Barn are non returnable and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the holiday if a cancellation or alteration occurs unless we are notified as follows;
i) Up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. In which case the hirer will forfeit the deposit only. ii) Less that 8 weeks before the start of the holiday and it is possible for us to re-let the property. In which case the deposit will be forfeited plus an administration charge of £50 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to the hirer. If the property is not re-let then the hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday. 23. We reserve the right to ask the hirer and his or her party to leave the property (without compensation) if there is a serious breach of these booking conditions.
It is recommended that the hirer is covered by personal holiday insurance.
Alison Thompson 07771 916 579 and Mark Thompson 07768 891 876